Earl's Moving Company offers suggestions for a smooth moving day in Alabama and beyond!
Even if Earl's Moving Company is going to take care of most of your moving day, planning ahead will make everyone's easier, especially yours! There are several things that can be prepared in a short amount of time that will save much time, money and frustration on the actual day of the move. If you are moving out of Alabama, or even your local area, it is even more important to be prepared.
- Confirm any cars involved in the move are serviced and the gas tanks are full, one less thing to think about moving day.
- Before the big day arrives, have all important documents in a safe, easy to get location. Prepare a box with all birth certificates, passports, extra credit cards, insurance information, etc and keep it with you, or consider storing it at a trusted family or friend's home until after moving day.
- If traveling, confirm hotel reservations a day or two before moving. You certainly want to have a comfortable room ready and waiting after a long day.
- Check the weather report each day prior to moving. This gives you extra time to be prepared for rain, snow, and extreme heat or cold.
- Wear comfortable, weather appropriate clothes and shoes. Pack a bag with extra clothes, medicine and a first aid kit that is available should someone have a spill or need a band aid.
- Have food and drinks available. Eat breakfast the morning of the move, giving everyone energy they will need. Take time for lunch and provide plenty of water throughout the day. This keeps everyone full of needed energy and happy. After all, who doesn't get grouchy when they are hungry?
- In extreme heat or cold, be prepared to take breaks to cool down or warm up. Even taking a break is safer and saves time in the long run so no one gets sick from being overheated or too cold.
- As you pack, designate a place to accumulate any items you will leave for the new home owner. This includes manuals for appliances, remote controls for ceiling fans, or blinds, security system information, keys, etc. On moving day, leave all of these items on the kitchen counter or an easy to find location.
- After the moving truck is loaded, the kids and pets are in the car, just before you drive off, walk through the entire house, inside, outside and upside down. Check all cabinets, drawers, closets, attic, under the deck, storage sheds, and nooks and crannies. Double check the dishwasher, refrigerator, and laundry closet.
Earl's Moving Company is a Christian owned company who treats your family like they do their own. Your best interest is their goal. Contact them today for information on your personal or business move.
Jeremiah 29:11 ~ For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Earl's Moving Company, a Christian based company, was founded in 2008 by Earl Pike. Earl's strives to make moving as easy as possible so you can enjoy your new home. Raised in Alabaster, Earl enjoys moving people home with southern hospitality. Earl's Moving is available for residential and commercial moves in Alabaster, Auburn, Calera, Chelsea, Clanton, Helena, Hoover, Montevallo, Mountain Brook, Pelham, Prattville, Trussville, Tuscaloosa, and Vestavia Hills.