Earl's Moving Company encourages thinking outside the box when packing!
Earl's Moving Company can pack and move as much or as little as you need. If you choose to pack any or all of your home, there are a few things that will make your move easier, cheaper and faster!
- Purchase different colors of tape and sticky notes when preparing to pack. Use a different color to label boxes for each room. It will be easy and fast when unloading to spot a color and direct the blue labels to the kitchen and the green ones to the bathroom.
- Put all things you will need immediately in clear containers. These may include phone chargers, power outlet strips, tools, utensils, toilet paper, etc... This makes needed items easy to find quickly.
- Pack a bag with enough medicine and clothes to last a few days. Don't forget your toothbrush!!
- Leave hanging clothes hanging. Cut a hole in the center of the bottom of a garbage back and slip over several hangers. A few garbage bags later all of your hanging clothes will be ready to easily relocate to your new home.
- Cover mattresses and box springs with extra fitted sheets prior to movers arriving. This keeps bedding clean during the move.
- Take pictures of furniture in each room, creating a home inventory. Taking pictures of cords on electronics saves making set up painless. Pictures of artwork arranged on walls is an easy reminder in your new home.
- Covering tops of drawers with saran wrap or lying towels across the top avoids having to unload dressers, saving time packing and unpacking, as well as boxes as well.
- Use things you have on hand to pack, saving space and money purchasing fewer packing materials and boxes.
- Pack glasses and stemware in socks, saving purchasing packing materials.
- Sandwich bags are perfect for hardware and screws from furniture and electronics. Put the bags in a box or drawer that goes in that room.
- Remove tops and lids of toiletries and cleaners, wrap saran wrap over opening and replace tops and lids, saving spills and leaks.
- Fill rolling suitcases with heavy items such as books and magazines, saving heavy lifting.
- When you arrive at your new home, don't stop at the garage or basement. Assign someone to direct movers to the correct room. Your colored labels will make delegating a breeze!
Use your imagination! Ask the kids for ideas. Be creative! Come up with your own ideas to make moving day as easy as possible! Whether you are moving locally from Alabaster to Birmingham or long distance to Florida or Georgia, Earl's is the moving company you want to trust with all of your belongings.
Jeremiah 29:11 ~ For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.